Choosing the right representation of all the decisions you’ll face when buying a home, there’s none more important than the person you choose to represent you.
The job of your Agent is to support you in finding the right home with the best possible terms, and to aid you through the entire process.
A Professional Real Estate Agent will explain the process of buying a home, and familiarize you with the various activities, documents and procedures that you will experience throughout the transaction.
Why Use A REALTOR®
REALTORS® aren’t just agents. They’re professional members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict code of ethics. This is the REALTOR® difference for home buyers:
- An expert guide. Selling a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORs® can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need.
- Property marketing power. Property doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. A large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts with previous clients, friends, and family. When a property is marketed by a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows you the flexibility you need to take that next step.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each sale. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS® handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
- Ethical treatment. Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®’s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters
as your Real Estate Professional I am, Knowledgeable about the communities of interest to you. Aware of the complicated local and state requirements affecting your transaction, Effective in multi-party, face-to-face negotiations, Highly-trained, with access to programs for continued learning and additional certifications.
Supported by professional legal counsel.
Most real estate professionals and mortgage lenders recommend pre-qualifying for a mortgage loan before shopping for real estate to purchase. This process will help you, Determine the price range you can afford, Understand the types of loans you qualify for. Determine what your monthly payment will be, Estimate the down payment and closing costs.